Yesterday I shared the fact that I don’t drink coffee via IG stories and so many of you were so surprised! Some of you told me you drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day and then I was surprised too!
I’ve actually never been a coffee drinker. I know so many people that LOVE coffee but either cut down or stopped all together for health benefits but that’s not the case with me at all. I’ve never really gotten into the actual taste of coffee (although it smells amazing). Don’t get me wrong though– you give me a caramel frappe from Starbucks and I’m all for it, but for the sugar not the coffee taste, duh! But realistically I get those drinks maybe 3x a year.
Reasons why I don’t drink coffee:
- I simply don’t like the taste of it. I love the smell though, ironically. Unless it’s a caramel frappe with all sorts of sugar in it, I’m not interested. Even then, I know the frappe is ever so bad for you so I don’t drink it often at all!
- I see how dependent people get on it and I never want to be that way. Coffee is almost like a crutch for tons of people that I know– they can’t get up or walk without having their first cup of coffee! Trust me, we are fully capable to function and get up without having that sip of coffee in the morning, I promise!
- I’m already a ball of energy. I wake up feeling energized naturally especially over the last few days. I love my job and waking up every day being able to do what I love drives me to continue working hard and producing content for you guys. So yeah, if I were to drink coffee I’d be an energizer bunny on steroids!
- I have a thing called tachycardia which is where your heart beats faster than normal while resting. Adding caffeine to my life would only make matters worse so health wise, I do my best to avoid it! I also very rarely drink soda too!
- Coffee/caffeine actually makes me break out! You guys know I’m a big sweet tooth and I can barely let that go so I couldn’t have double the trouble with both sugar and coffee getting to my skin.
Reasons why I drink green tea:
- Green tea has been shown to help increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate!! There’s some evidence that green tea helps reduce belly fat which is amazing if you ask me!
- Green tea has powerful antioxidants that can help lower your risk of some types of cancers too including breast, ovarian, lung, and skin cancer.
- It’s sooo relaxing! Any time I feel stressed or overwhelmed, I try and remember to get a cup of green tea and jeez it really does help calm your nerves and cuts down on stress! Green tea also has some caffeine in it (much less than coffee) so you’ll feel a little burst of being alive after having a cup too!
- It’s proven to help reduce cholesterol levels, blood pressure and improve your memory. That alone should be enough to convince you to drink it regularly!
- Green tea is also very good for your skin whether it’s in your skincare products or if you’re simply drinking it on a daily basis (it helps with acne, wrinkles and other signs of aging!).
- It can also help reduce your risk of having a stroke by having 1 cup a day!
I hope you all found this post informative and helpful! Let me know if you’re a coffee drinker or not in the comments down below, I’d love to know! Chat soon, loves!
SHOP THE LOOK