My husband and I had a team meeting last night and we both felt that it was the right time for me to create something new on my blog. I have one exciting thing coming your way and I’ll share that with you all very soon! However, I wanted more personal posts throughout my blog and so we decided to create “Monday Moments” where I get the opportunity to really talk about what’s on my mind and what I think you will benefit from reading. Talking about fashion, beauty and travel is what my blog is all about and don’t get me wrong, I do have a few personal posts on here but I wanted to create something more consistent! Every Monday before noon, there will be a post up on my blog just talking to you. Naturally, I’ll have some sort of outfit post incorporated in it because that’s the foundation of my blog so if you come to my page for that, it’ll still be here!
Today’s post is about friendships. Just so you know a little about me, I’ve always been an introvert all my life– especially around those that I don’t know well enough yet. I am only completely open with a few of my closest friends that know me as being very loud. It takes me a while to get that way with someone– I either have to know them for a long time or really connect with them on a personal level. I can say over the past year I have tried to be a little more social and outgoing whether it’s at parties or events even though it doesn’t come natural to me, but I’m okay with that. I’ve learned that having a few close friends is way more meaningful than having tons of party pals.
Growing up, I know it was “cool” to have tons of friends and be liked by everyone. As the years gone by and I’ve (hopefully, hah) matured, man it does NOT matter how many friends you have. What matters is how many true friends you have. What is the point of having 100 friends if not even 1 is there for you when you need one most? While it is important to have friends in your life, it’s the ones you can trust and rely on that matter the most. It’s hard to tell when you’re younger who your closest friends will be or who your true friends are, so I wanted to break it down and share my experience with you.
- don’t hold grudges. We all make mistakes whether it be in our personal relationships or friendships, we’re just human and not perfect. If there is someone in your life that is still holding a grudge years down the line– just move on. They are only bringing you down and people like that can be very toxic in your life.
- are there for you. This is big for me. If you have a friend that comes up with 15 excuses to not do something for you when you know they are fully capable of doing that something for you, then something’s up.
- Cue FRIENDS theme song:I’ll be there for you (When the rain starts to pour) I’ll be there for you (Like I’ve been there before) I’ll be there for you (‘Cause you’re there for me too)
- are honest. They tell it how it is and are real with you. I’ve had too many “friends” in the past that are just FULL OF IT. For me at least, I can’t stress enough how important honesty is and if that means being blunt, then so be it. I want someone to tell me that there is something in my teeth or I want someone to tell me that they think I’m making a huge mistake. Honesty is everything in any relationship you have.
- won’t let distance come in the way. As we get older, our lives will just inevitably change. Someone will get married, there will be kids involved, or your closest friend may just be moving away. Distance shouldn’t stop you guys from communicating. Yea, maybe there will be less communication because everyone is busy…but that shouldn’t effect how deep your friendship is at all.
- don’t judge you. We are all unique in our own ways and as we grow older, we find new ways to change and grow into our personality. Those changes can be subtle or drastic. For me, it was drastic. I went from majoring in business admin & finance, to working a corporate job for years, to going to law school, and then finally settling into the blogging industry. I can tell you right now that as soon as I went full on social media mode, I lost a few good friends. There are a few people that I thought were real friends that don’t support me one bit. I’m not even sure why. All I know is that it can be really hurtful and you just have to come to accept the fact that those people are not your true friends.
Overall, I’ve learned that just like your personal relationship with your husband or wife, friendship is all about making sacrifices. That’s just something you gotta do for the important people in your lives. Take a moment and think about your life, your friends, and who has really been true to you. Evaluating the friends in your life can be kind of a scary path to go down. I did that and ultimately, it was the best thing I did for myself. You really come to terms with who really is close to you, who cares for you and in that way, you know who to invest your time and energy with. I’m tellin’ ya, quality > quantity. 👐🏾
P.S. My maxi romper is on major sale right now and it’s on the list of must-haves from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I love how flattering the fit is and the overall dramatic vibe it gives off! Shop everything down below!! Chat soon, loves!
SHOP THE POST👇
I’m totally with you on this one! Love reading personal posts like this 🙂
xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco
I totally agree with you!! It definitely matters how trustworthy and caring your friends are, not the number of “friends” you have.
Lauren // http://www.mylifeaslaurr.com
Yes to ALL of this! & I love your fun romper!
Beauty With Lily
Love this post, i totally realize quality > quantity as i’ve entered and almost in my mid-twinties now. I, like you, have been an introvert and still am, and it takes me awhile to break down my walls to new people. I do still struggle with feeling like i don’t have ‘enough’ friends, especially when i’m on instagram and scroll through my feed and see people having the time of their lives with so many of these ‘friends’ of theirs. I’m not like that and never will be, but sometimes i wish ih ad what they had or what i see they ‘have’ from those pictures. If that makes any sense. Sorry for the ramble!
I ook forward to your monday posts weekly now! 🙂
loved this post!!! i’m a huge believer of quality of quantity when it comes to friends! you look gorgeous!
I LOVE reading posts like this, so excited for your new Monday series! And I’m 100% with you on quality over quantity. I really only have about 3 truly amazing friends at this point in my life and that is all I need!
Awww such a sweet post! Totally agree with you girl friend!
quality over quantity:: always! and these photos are gorgeous!
LOVE this post! You are so right, friendship is about making sacrifices. And you look fabulous as always!
Excited for your new Monday series!! I’m all about quality over quantity when it comes to friendships too!! PS love your outfit!
This is so true, and sometimes friends you make later in life are better friends in the end!
This outfit looks great on you!