Hey guys! Backed by popular demand, here is the recipe for our huevos rancheros skillet we made a few weeks ago!
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
5 corn tortillas with 4 of them being cut in half
1 can of black beans
1 cup of Mexican blend cheese
1 1/2 cup of pico de gallo
1/2 cup of enchilada sauce
1/4 cup of cilantro
1 dollop of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry 4 corn tortillas very lightly in the vegetable oil, then drain.
- Arrange the tortillas in an iron skillet so the entire bottom is covered.
- Place all the black beans evenly over the tortillas.
- Add a layer of the Mexican cheese on top of the beans.
- Add your pico de gallo on top of the cheese.
- Press on the cheese and beans with a spoon to create little dips for the eggs to sit in.
- Crack one egg into each dip.
- Pour enchilada sauce generously over the entire thing.
- Bake the skillet for 20-25 minutes and check periodically to make sure the eggs don’t overcook!
- Top with cilantro and sour cream and enjoy!!