It’s been a hot minute since I last did a recipe post for y’all and since I got so many requests to share my udon noodles, I thought I’d go ahead and make it again and share all the deets!! I’m a hugeeee fan of these noodles– they’re SO DELICIOUS and legit opens up your sinuses, hah! Obviously, that varies based on how much spice you put it in but let’s get right to it!!
• 1 lb of chicken, cut into small pieces
• 3/4 cup of sliced mushrooms
• 16 obz of udon noodles (I got two packets of 8 oz each from Ralphs)
• 2 green onions, chopped
• a pinch of ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic, mince
• 1 tsp of Mango habanero sauce
• 2 tsp of sesame seed oil
• 2 tsp of olive oil
• 1/3 cup of hoisin sauce
• 1/3 cup of soy sauce (I use low sodium because it’s healthier!)
• 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce or chili garlic sauce
• 1/3 cup of chicken broth
• red pepper flakes
• salt/pepper to taste
- Grab a large pan or skillet and add the olive oil and sesame seed oil. Once heated, throw in your chopped chicken! I seasoned my chicken a bit with red pepper and garlic salt.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked (roughly 6-7 minutes), add in the chopped mushrooms, garlic and ginger for 3-4 more minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, boil water in another pot and add the udon noodles in it for 3 minutes. Your udon noodles will have instructions on the packet so feel free to follow those! My packet came with flavored powdered and I just used half of it in the noodles for fun!
- While the noodles are cooking, go ahead and add in your sauces to the chicken now! Hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce and the mango habanero.
- Drain the noodles once cooked and throw them into the skillet with the chicken. Mix together for another minute and garnish over with chopped green onions!