You probably remember my mother-in-law came to visit us here in LA last weekend and we had such a blast doing all the things women love: makeup, hair and loads of shopping! It was the perfect way to spend early Mother’s Day together since I won’t be in Dallas during that weekend. I absolutely love when I get to hang out with my mother-in-law because I learn SO much about beauty—she seriously knows EVERYTHING! I recently got a few Conair styling tools and she instantly taught me how to use them and was a pro!! Real talk, I struggle round brushing my hair with a blow dryer—I just haven’t mastered the art and so I was thankful Conair sent me their Spin Air Brush!! It’s such an amazing tool if you struggle with round brushing like me too!
OUR FIRST DAY IN LA TOGETHER
The first day my mother-in-law was here, she actually taught me how to use the some of the tools, the Conair Curl Secret 2.0 being my FAVORITE. She styled my hair using the 1” barrel for tighter curls because I wanted my curls to be wavy the next day! My hair doesn’t hold curls that well so I was surprised they were intact all day! What’s even crazier is that you guys noticed a difference too when I was on IG stories!! I got tons of DMs about my hair after using Conair—now you know my new secret! 🙂
PROS/CONS of Conair Curl Secret 2.0
- This will actually hold your curls. Since I have super thin and fine hair, I struggle to find tools that will keep my hair curled throughout the day. After about 2-3 hours, my once super curly hair has flattened out to very terrible beach waves and I’m just not a fan! I can honestly tell you guys that using this tool kept my curls intact the ENTIRE day and then some! I used the 1 inch chamber to get those tighter curls because I figured my hair would just loosen up but NOPE it didn’t!! I had super tight curls the whole day! I even woke up the next day and I didn’t have to touch them up at all.
- It heats up super fast! I LOVE that about this tool especially when I’m in a rush.
- There’s two barrels for tighter curls or looser curls!! I love switching between the two and they both work beautifully! There’s also settings for what direction you want your curl to go in!
- Since it’s a new tool and the device is literally sucking up your hair and curling it, I can totally see why it’s intimidating. I was actually concerned at first too but when I tried and got the hang of it, it was the EASIEST thing I’ve ever done and the curls turned out beautifully! When I was first introduced to a wand, it took me about a couple of weeks to get the hang of it so don’t worry if it takes you that long too with this tool—it’s just such a unique product and it takes time to master it! Once you do, it’s totally worth it!
- It can tangle your hair IF you’re not doing it correctly (similar to any other curler). This kind of ties into what I mentioned earlier. When I first tried it, I used a big chunk of my hair and it was kind of all over the place (I should have brushed it) so don’t make that mistake! Use small sections and make sure your hair isn’t tangled to begin with. The good thing is when my hair did get stuck, it appeared the tool had a sensor and it stopped pulling my hair and beeped at me to let go. I love this feature because it keeps your hair from any breakage.
- There’s only two heat settings. I do wish there were more options in this department so that everyone can choose what works best for their hair. However, it 100% gets hot enough because I think that’s why my curls lasted for the next two days!
How to use the Conair Curl Secret 2.0
Would you all want to see a video on how to use this curler?! Message me and let me know but for now, I’m going to give you a run down on how to use it properly:
- Make sure you’ve thoroughly brushed your hair first and applied heat protectant!
- Take a section of your hair and clamp the curler onto your hair (it tells you on the tool which side should face your head) and your hair goes into the chamber.
- The curler will beep and let you know when it’s done!
That’s it!!! It’s super easy to use once you get the hang of it—just make sure you leave a little tail sticking out of the curler at the top and have the tool parallel to your head. Those are just little tips that I learned while using the product and it worked wonders.
SECOND DAY IN LA TOGETHER
ANYWAY, back to my original story. The second day my mother-in-law and I switched things up and I pampered HER this time (just as a little early Mother’s Day present) by styling her hair with Conair’s 2-in-1 stainless styler!! She loves her hair silky smooth with a little bit of volume and this was the perfect tool for her! This one actually heats up to 400°F and you can curl or straighten with it. It’s a great option if you’re traveling and don’t want to over pack. 🙂
I hope you guys check out the latest and greatest Conair tools at Walmart (all products linked in the ‘shop the post’ section down below) and let me know what you think!! Ready for the giveaway? I’m teaming up with Conair to give you and your mom the Curl Secret 2.0!! Check back on my Instagram to learn how to enter! 🙂 Chat soon, loves!
SHOP THE POST
SHOP THE POST
This post is sponsored by Conair. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Partnerships like these make Next With Nita possible.