Happy Friday loves!! I’m actually in San Antonio right now because my sister is due to deliver her baby boy TODAY!!! Yes, TODAY!! Eeek!!! I’m officially going to be an Aunt and I’m just filled with joy! 😃 Make sure you’re following me on Snapchat to get exclusive captures of this special moment!! 💓 Speaking of special moments, today’s blog post is going to be all about our mini honeymoon this past weekend at Cape Cod! If you didn’t get the chance to read about my court wedding, you can get the deets here! Immediately after we got married, we spent some time with our parents and then waddled our married butts to the airport to catch a flight out to Boston! I was already so excited because I absolutely LOVE the cold (winter being my fav season) and I love bundling up in cozy clothes! So you can imagine how excited I was to head to Cape Cod where it was in the 40s rather than 90s here in good ol’ Dallas.
We arrived in Boston and decided to explore the city just a little. We soon realized we would need to make another trip and dedicate it to Boston only because there is just SO MUCH to do… but that’s besides the point lol. We did manage to head to the Harbor and walked around Little Italy for a couple of hours! I was told Little Italy has the best gelato spots btw and I can now vouch for that! If you’re in the area, you’ve got to indulge in their gelato! 😋 After spending a couple of hours in Boston, we drove to Cape Cod which was a super quick drive, only about an hour and 15 min! We’ve never been to Cape Cod and didn’t really know what to expect. We just knew we were going to try and do as little as possible and get some much needed R&R. Keep reading for the all the deets!
Outfits For The Weekend
Shop the look!
Shop the look!
Where We Stayed
We collaborated with the Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth and we couldn’t have asked for a better stay. The hotel is located on Buzzard’s Bay and is surrounded by beautiful New England cottages. We came in rather late (around 11pm) on Friday evening and was greeted immediately! We noticed that it was really quiet in the hotel, but a peaceful and serene quiet. I could immediately tell that this was a very respectful, family-friendly hotel. We got to our Junior Suite located in a corner room with a direct view of the Ocean. 😌 Much to our surprise, we walked in spotting a delicious cheese and cracker platter which we had the next morning! Our room was incredibly spacious with 2 sides of the room having giant windows so we got a lot of natural light throughout the weekend! The hubs and I LOVE naturally light (I mean, what blogger doesn’t?!) so this was perfect for us.[/full_width]
Saturday afternoon we had a property tour with the Regional Recreational Manager, Seth Thomas, which was incredibly informative. We learned so many great things about the property and even got a chance to explore the Cottage with 3 bedrooms! I’m going to break down some of the things that really made the hotel unique below so keep reading for more deets!
Unique aspects of Sea Crest Beach Hotel:
- Two saline pools (indoor & outdoor)
- One thing we noticed while being on the beach at night was the pools were HEATED!! We saw steam coming from the pools and looked at each other like “NO WAY!”. Totally bummed I didn’t bring a swimsuit but I love that the hotel had 2 pools, both of them being heated! The pool outdoors also had a bar which was unfortunately closed for the season but I can imagine how great it’d be during the summer!
- Arcade room for the kiddos
- We were taking the property tour and noticed there was a room that just had arcade games!! This totally screams family-friendly hotel!
- Ocean view breakfast
- My oh my is this romantic. Sunday morning we decided to have a romantic buffet-styled breakfast with stunning views of the Old Silver Beach. We ate SO MUCH because everything was delicious! The buffet had a variety of things such as fresh fruit, waffle bar, omelette station and french toast!
- Red’s Restaurant & Lounge
- This is what we ate for both lunch and dinner on Saturday!!! It’s so good, y’all. One downside and let me get that out of the way first. They didn’t have ranch. 😫 I kind of expected this since ranch seems to be a Texas or southern thing but sigh it’s always a bummer to hear “no” to ranch. Besides that, everything was great!! It was located in the hotel which was super convenient! We had fish (me) and a chicken sandwich (hubs) for lunch with a side of fries!! Specifically, I had the George’s Bank Haddock “Fish N’ Chips” and it was incredibly tasty – definitely in the top 5 I’ve ever had! For dinner, we had the Margherita Pizza (we finished it within minutes) and pumpkin cheesecake!! I actually posted the cheesecake on Instagram, it was that good!
- Interesting fact: the restaurant was named after Arnold Jacob “Red” Auerbach (he used to be the Celtics Coach!). He owned part of the hotel back in the day and so Sea Crest named the restaurant after him![/full_width]
Lastly and probably what I loved most, is the fact that there are SO many weddings that take place in this very location and for good reason too. I actually saw a wedding take place on Saturday and it was so incredibly beautiful. The ceremony was small and intimate, held right by the waters, and the couple took beautiful shots during golden hour on the beach! The ceremony location on the property that I viewed was actually surrounded by hotel rooms which makes it super convenient for the wedding party/guests! Not to mention, the hotel is dog-friendly!! Major plus for me!!! I don’t know you guys, I may have to change up my entire wedding plans after seeing this location! 😉 I mean it’s a timeless and dog-friendly hotel with beach affairs, classic dining and ocean view rooms…what more could you ever ask for?! 💕 Although this was a short honeymoon, it was nonetheless perfect and I’m so happy we chose to spend our time here in the friendly town of Cape Cod. 💗 This is such a great spot for families and couples that are looking to get lost in the romance of the Cape! Thank you Sea Crest Beach Hotel for making our weekend extra special!
Chat soon, loves! 💋[/full_width]