A week ago I was craving pancakes in the morning while I was working away, my sweet husband said he’ll make me pancakes! However, I had no idea what he was cooking out there (he wouldn’t let me come out of the bedroom to see!) but when everything was ready, I ALMOST DIED! 😍 I saw 3 fluffy pancakes stacked together with some spread in between each of them, sprinkled with graham crackers and chocolate chips. Um, what?? I just said that. Needless to say, I told him we had to blog about it ASAP because not only did it look good, it tasted INCREDIBLE! He said he just put together stuff we had in the pantry and created these amazing pancakes himself!!! #happywife
We recreated the pancake primarily because we wanted to eat it again but also so we can take some quick photos of the recipe! This is definitely something I wanted to share with you guys because y’all have to try it!! If you’re about eating 100% healthy all the time then this recipe isn’t for you. But if you like to treat yourself here and there, you should try this out for sure!! Check out the recipe below! 😘 Happy Friday and chat soon, loves!
- Take 1 cup of pancake mix and place into a large bowl, I prefer to use whole grain protein pancakes because it’s healthier. If you want to make thicker pancakes, then put in closer to 3/4 cup of water but if you want thinner pancakes, then use 1 cup of water.
- Add in a few pinches of brown sugar and mix thoroughly. For the best pancakes of all time, let the mixture sit for about 3 minutes so the batter can settle!
- Next, we will place the chocolate chips into the batter. As a pro-tip, coat the chips in flour first so they don’t automatically sink to the bottom of the batter! 4. Mix the batter again thoroughly. 5. Spray some Crisco onto a pan and set to medium-high heat.
6. Pour 1/3 of the batter on to the pan and let it sit for about 2 minutes as the underside cooks. 7. Once the underside is solid enough, flip the pancake and cook for about 1 minute.
8. Remove the pancake and set on to a plate. Then take a knife and spread a layer of Cookie Butter on one side of the pancake and then a layer of Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Dreams (got it from Target) on the other side.
9. Repeat Steps 4-7 until you have enough pancakes to your heart’s content!
10. Add a few chocolate chips on top of the pancakes (it should melt after you bite through the pancake).
11. Crumble half of a graham cracker and sprinkle on top of the pancakes.
12. Pour as much maple syrup as you like on top of everything and enjoy!