Hello blog fam! I’m totally branching out into an area I never thought I’d even talk about – cooking! I’ve never been one to fancy the kitchen life but lately I’m starting to actually enjoy it! I think it may have something to do with the fact that I’m engaged, my fiancé loves to cook and I’m trying to be all domesticated…and stuff. Anyway, by no means am I a master chef. That is a very important disclaimer. But I’m starting to learn a thing or two and now I feel confident enough to share it with you guys! 😜
My fiancé and I actually made this meal this past weekend and it was so good I just had to share! I totally didn’t plan for this, hence the terrible quality picture and no other pictures of the ingredients, lol. BUT it turned out amazing and it’s super easy to make! Let’s get started!! 🙌 P.S. There’s an embarrassing story to follow so keep reading!
•4 boneless chicken thighs (free-range if you will ☺️)
•2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
•1/4 cup chopped cilantro
•Red pepper flakes
•1 minced clove of garlic
•1/2 tsp cumin
1. Mix together olive oil, cilantro, red pepper flakes, garlic, and cumin in a large bowl. Squeeze the lime into the bowl so all of the juice is in the mixture.
2. Add in the chicken thighs and toss them in the marinade to give them a nice coating. Cover this with plastic wrap and refrigerate for any time ranging from 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Pour additional olive oil into a large skillet over high heat. Before throwing the chicken on, season the thighs with salt and pepper. After putting the chicken in the skillet, pour the marinade on the thighs and sear the chicken for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the thighs every 2 minutes.
4. After searing both sides of the thighs once, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
5. Once it’s been 8 minutes, transfer the skillet into the hot oven and bake for about 8 more minutes.
6. Pull the chicken out and serve with rice and vegetables!
My fiancé and I absolutely loved making this meal and it tasted so good! It was nice to eat at home for once and cook something healthy and yummy! I hope y’all try this out and let me know if you liked it!!!
P.S. Quick/funny/embarrassing/why did this happen story. When I was a young teenager, I attempted to make mac ‘n’ cheese…actually, it was Easy Mac 😂 and I put everything in the microwave and walked away. I suddenly smelled something burning and ran to the kitchen only to find my Easy Mac completely burnt and pretty much close to catching fire! 😒 Yes, maybe that’s why I haven’t cared for cooking – terrible childhood experiences 😅 But hey, we all gotta move on at some point right?! Oh and if you’re wondering, I forgot to add water to the bowl before putting it in the microwave. #yup
Until next time, xo.