As promised, here is the delicious recipe for my baked spicy crab cakes I made for the hubs a couple of a weeks ago! I randomly had a craving for crab cakes but did not want to spend $$$ at a fancy restaurant on a weeknight. I decided to bring the restaurant home and created the masterpiece myself! I’m actually quite surprised by how it turned out and that’s why I’m sharing the deets with you guys now! Whether you want to cook something special for Christmas or simply make a romantic meal later down the line, this would make such a great surprise for anyone you make it for!
- Cooking spray (I used Canola oil spray)
- Diced green bell pepper
- Diced jalepenos
- Ginger (powder or diced)
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Shredded garlic
- 1 lb of crab claw meat (I picked out a can at Trader Joes)
- Lime juice
- Lemon juice
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- Chopped onions
- Panko crumbs
- Chipotle Mayonaisse
- Greek Yogurt
- Seasoning: Garlic salt, red pepper, chili paste, black pepper (and anything else you’d like to add to taste!)
8 Crab Cakes
PREP TIME: 1 hour
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- Chop the green onions, jalepenos, and green pepper and put them in a saucepan on medium heat with olive oil.
- Add in the grated ginger and garlic in the saucepan after a couple of minutes.
- Once that’s cooked, set it to the side to cool.
- Take your crab meat and put in a glass bowl. Mix 1 egg in the crab and put half a cup of panko bread crumbs in the mix.
- Add the chipotle mayo (1 tsb) to the mix along with greek yogurt (1 tsb).
- Add the chopped cilantro in the mix.
- Now time to include flavor! Add garlic salt, lime juice, red pepper, chili paste, and black pepper in the bowl.
- Take the veggies from your saucepan and add it to the mix.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees for later.
- Dig right in and form 8 cakes. Each cake should be rolled delicately in panko and place each one on the baking tray.
- Spray the top of each cake with oil so all the sides bake nice and crisp.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes!
Now add some tartar sauce on top and that’s it! For my meal, I threw in some roasted potatoes and asparagus as a side and made my own spicy cream sauce to go with it. It’s actually pretty easy and tastes SO GOOD! I hope y’all give it a whirl and let me know what you think!! 💜 Happy Saturday, loves!