I’m back in the States you guys and it feels so good!! I’m pretty sure I came back with a British accent… 😉 so please do excuse that over the next few days as I get over it, haha! My London travel guide should be up this week— I’m hoping for tomorrow if I’m not too jetlagged! J I hope you tune in because I’m going to share some amazing restaurants with you guys and also share a few tips and tricks on how to get around London and save some $$$. I picked up on a few phrases there that are quite essential to know so be sure to keep a lookout for my London Travel Guide this week to learn all about it! J
Apologies that this post is a little later in the day—as you probably know I usually try and have my post go live the night before but since I was traveling all day yesterday it was a bit difficult. I tried to write my post on the plane but I really do have the worst case of motion sickness when I’m flying or in a bumpy car, it’s absolutely annoying! Plus, I’ve managed to get myself sick on the last day of the trip but but it’s alright. I’m home and writing this post in bed and it feels fantastic!
Today’s Monday Moments post is actually motivated by our plane ride back from London! Ajeet and I were reading a bunch of relationship articles and random stuff on Reddit about strange things spouses do that are frustrating, hah! I thought it would be fun to share 5 things that I do that drive Ajeet absolutely crazy and vice versa! J
LOL. This conversation just happened right now:
Nita: “AJEET, tell me all the things I do that annoy you!”
Ajeet: “…Am I going to get in trouble for this?!”
5 Things I do That Annoy the Husband:
- Double checking the door. Every time we leave the apartment, I would lock the door and then make sure it’s really truly locked by trying to open it several times. In the beginning of our relationship, I used to do that 3-4 times and Ajeet was so confused. He would always ask, “You know you just locked the door, right? It won’t just magically unlock, you know that right?”. I’m extra paranoid when it comes to the safety of our house and belongings but boy oh boy does he get annoyed! He’s learned to laugh about it now and makes fun of me when I only check the door twice rather than three or four times!
- Asking questions in the middle of a movie. Welp. I really don’t have much of an explanation for this one other than I like to ask questions!!! I know we are watching the same movie and he knows as much as I do but I still like to ask hoping he somehow knows more about what’s happening in the movie, hah! To be fair, he does this to me when it comes to TV shows so it’s ok.
- I randomly vacuum just out of the blue for like a minute. I love vacuuming and I hate having dirty floors so any chance I get, I’ll clean things up in a minute!
- I’m always hot when he’s cold and cold when he’s hot so setting the A/C is always a struggle in this household.
- I’m too lazy to put a new toilet paper roll on when the old one runs out. Anyone else hate doing this?!
5 Things the Husband does to Annoy Me:
- Ajeet is a bit A.D.D. so if I have his attention for longer than 5 seconds it’s a blessing. He loves to do a million things at once and gets easily distracted!!!! I find myself always saying “HELLOOOO” just to grab him back to earth. He also loves to space out mid-conversation. I don’t know where his mind runs off to but it’s crazy how quickly I can lose him at any minute during any given conversation.
- He doesn’t do chores right the first time. I don’t know if men do this on purpose so they can get out of doing chores, but seriously if I have Ajeet clean the toilet, he will scrub only a little bit and not the whole toilet. Why? Why does life have to be like this?!
- He doesn’t floss until told to do to. So, I’m basically the floss police around the house. If I don’t tell Ajeet to floss his teeth he won’t do it! Even then, I legit have to stand there and make sure he flosses because if I don’t, he’s sneaky AF and just takes a string of floss and tosses it in the trash to make it look like he flossed. Who does that?!?!?! You’re only hurting yourself by not flossing every night so why pretend to floss– it only takes a minute!!
- He chews so loud when eating apples. I can’t stand the sound of someone else’s chewing and for some reason, Ajeet has to make the loudest sounds possible when eating apples. It’s so bad to the point where I have to pause whatever we are watching on TV until he’s done so I can hear what’s happening.
- Ajeet talks very…very slow. I’ll ask a question and have to wait a good 30 seconds before I get a response. The best part about waiting for a response? When the response is absolutely useless!! Example:
Nita:“Ajeet, what should we do for breakfast today?!”
Ajeet: …15 seconds of silence
Ajeet: …10 seconds of silence
Ajeet: “I don’t know”
Phew, that was fun! It’s soo important to be patient in a relationship you guys. Every partner has habits that will bother you and that’s very hard to change. You have to learn to love them or joke around about them instead of showing frustration or getting mad. Just a little tip for my newlyweds out there! For those that are married, can you relate to any of these?! What are some annoying habits your spouse does?! 😉 I’d love to know! Chat soon, loves!
SHOP THE POST👇