One year down, forever to go! As most of you know, Ajeet and I got legally married on Oct. 14, 2016 and unfortunately never even had a chance to go on our honeymoon because I was in law school at the time. We talked about postponing it until our one-year but it turned out our current lease is ending now and we are moving to California at the end of the month so as you can expect, our honeymoon will have to wait once more!
I will say that everything turned out so special for us. We enjoyed our one-year anniversary in a city that we can now call home. The move to Los Angeles is approaching rather quickly and we’re both just full of emotions– nervous, scared, excited, sad, happy, etc. This is a huge step for us and I really couldn’t imagine doing the move with any other person so you can imagine how special spending our one-year anniversary was in beautiful Los Angeles!
We got into LA on Tuesday, October 10 and we hit the ground running with apartment/condo/house hunting. We spent the next three days only doing that. We came to LA knowing that we had to spend some time finding our future home and then once all that was settled and done, we could finally celebrate! It was about 5pm on Saturday, October 14 (the actual day of Anniversary) that we officially signed for our new apartment! It was a bit of bummer to have to spend some of our day working and apartment hunting but I can tell you, staying at Loews Hollywood Hotel made the whole process so much better. For one, we walked into our hotel room with a spectacular view of the city, a wine and cheese platter, a lovely note from the Loews team and a picture frame of Ajeet and I from our wedding reception!! I couldn’t even believe it, you guys. I’ve stayed at many hotels and this is the first one that went out of their way to write a long, personal note and get a photo framed for us! Needless to say, I cried. Hah! Reading the note and being there with Ajeet felt so surreal. I told y’all, we have tons of emotions going on and so I’m a big ol’ cry baby right now!
WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AT LOEWS HOLLYWOOD HOTEL:
- Room-Service. If you’re like me and like to order room-service in the morning or if you’re just too lazy to go out– their food is DELICIOUS and timely as can be. Very impressed with their service!
- The View. Now I’m not sure if every room has a view, but I’m positive you can choose one/request one and it’s the best thing ever to wake up to! Seriously, the Hollywood sign and the Hollywood hills at day or night is absolutely stunning!
- Comfortable Beds. Yeah, this is a big one. I was there for 5 nights and the last thing I needed was an uncomfortable mattress and sad pillows. I usually leave a hotel just missing my own bed and the comfort of my own pillows but not this time. I kind of even miss Loews instead?! Both Ajeet and I LOVED how comfortable the bed was.
- Location. Just a street away from Hollywood Blvd, this hotel is so close to so many amazing restaurants and shopping stores. You can also find a CVS nearby in case you need some snacks and water bottles to stock up on!
- Heated Rooftop Pool. Any hotel with a rooftop pool gets an A+ in my books! I loved that they offered complimentary cabanas too!
- Wi-Fi. Alright, we all know we can’t live without being on our phone or laptops these days but since I was in LA for business and personal reasons, I needed Wi-Fi that was actually pretty fast. I was impressed with the complimentary Wi-Fi and didn’t have to upgrade at all. It was super fast and I actually got to work on a YouTube video and have that uploaded with their Wi-Fi just fine which says a lot!
- Pet-Friendly. You even get a pet room-service menu. I mean…it just can’t get any better!
- Balance Spa. Although I didn’t get to enjoy it, Loews Hollywood Hotel does have a nice little spa that you can indulge in!
- 24-hour FedEx Business Center. For those that are here for business, you can head to the 3rd floor and get some work done!
- Fitness Center. Ok, ok. Let’s be real. I didn’t work out one bit while I was on this trip but I did check out the gym and it’s SO clean plus you get great views while you work out too!
Moving on to our anniversary, starting at 5pm on Saturday. Ajeet surprised me at one of my favorite cupcake places, Georgetown Cupcakes and we got ____ number of cupcakes that may or may not have been eaten within 10 minutes. After that, he took me to Griffith Observatory which is honestly one of the most amazing places in LA– you guys have to go! We went during sunset and stayed for about an hour. It’s such a romantic place and you get the most incredible views of the city there! Ajeet even surprised me with a secret cupcake he picked up and put one candle on it to celebrate our one-year! 😂💗 After that, I was craving sushi so we had dinner at a place called Sushi by H. The owner herself served us and it was the best sushi we’ve ever had. We ended the night with some wine, room-service desserts, and a movie with views of the Hollywood Hills in our suite at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
To sum up, this was definitely one of our favorite vacations together. Partly because we signed a lease to our new home, partly because we stayed at such an amazing hotel, and partly because my husband planned out the perfect anniversary for us! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and you can bet we’ll be back at Loews Hollywood Hotel— either for a staycation or another stay because it was amazing! Let me know if you have any questions about our stay and I’d be more than happy to help! Chat soon, loves!