Hi lovelies, happy Monday Moments!! I’m officially on vacay mode and headed to London!! I’m super excited because I have never been anywhere international (well, besides India and Canada) and I’ve wanted to visit London ever since I watched that episode of Friends where Ross said the wrong name, hah! Do y’all remember Joey saying “London Babayyyyyy” over and over again 😂 I can’t promise that won’t be me on this trip! My husband and I will record bits and pieces of this trip so we can create our first travel vlog too! Be sure to keep an eye out on my YouTube channel for that coming your way soon! 💙
Today, I wanted to take a moment and talk to you about traveling. Before I met my husband a few years ago, I wasn’t much of a travel bug. I was more of a “home sweet home” kind of gal and really enjoyed just staying in spending time with family and my little baby, Snuffy. When Ajeet and I started dating, he would always talk about taking trips together and after our first trip, I instantly fell in love with traveling. Our first trip together was in Tampa, Florida and we stayed right off Clearwater Beach. That trip is probably still on my top 5 of all time! I haven’t felt that relaxed ever and it was so much fun exploring a new city and trying out new food. It’s safe to say since that trip my husband and I try to travel at least once every 3 months or so. Lately, we’ve stayed at home and that’s because we are saving up for a big change in our lives (blog post reveal coming soon!). I know sometimes you’re unable to travel maybe because of financial reasons (kind of like how we’ve been) but it’s really important to save what you can so that you’re to at least travel sometimes whether that be once every few months, once a year, or once every other year. I’ve learned to portion out a little of what I make blogging and put it in my “travel” savings! Just a little tip that will help you financially when it comes to planning trips! 🙂Sometimes there are other reasons to not travel at the moment but if you’re able to, definitely embrace it!
Over the last 2-3 years of traveling here and there, I wanted to share what I feel has changed for me and why I find traveling beneficial for the mind, body and soul!
WHY TRAVELING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL:
- Traveling gives you perspective. It’s crazy how much you learn from other cultures and seeing the world from another person’s point of view.
- Traveling gets you out of your every day routine. Some of us are very structured and stick to a routine (i.e. wake up, gym, do the 9-5, come home, take care of house chores, watch a show, repeat, etc). It’s all very…comfortable. It’s cool to do that and it does keeps your mind organized but sometimes you need to shake things up. There are 365 days of the year– I’m sure you can spare a few days to travel and do things outside of the box. Try a new coffee shop in a different state, wake up later than usual, get lost in a new city, etc.
- You can make new friends! Yup, it’s true. Step outside your box of a world and you’ll be able to meet new people and create new, exciting friendships and even relationships. If you’re single, traveling solo is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself!
- Traveling broadens your mind. You get the opportunity to see new things, learn how other people live in different locations, and possibly even speak new languages! All of that expands your mind and allows you to be more open-minded and accepting of how other people live their lives.
- You develop character and find out who you are. You really get to know yourself while traveling because every day in that new city or country, you are challenging yourself by stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning new ways to live and adapt.
I’ll do my best to have a blog post up everyday this week but if you want to stay in touch– follow me on Instagram Stories as I’ll be posting a ton throughout our trip! Chat soon, loves!