I hope you all got the chance to check out my Instagram Stories from this past Sunday!! I surprised my husband with a little staycation for his 28th birthday at the most beautiful boutique hotel, The Joule! Ajeet and I were both born and raised in Dallas, TX but have never done a staycation before, can you believe that?! I’m super late to the staycation party but you can bet after this one we’ll be doing tons more!! We had way too much fun!
As you know already, I graduated from law school on Saturday, May 20 and Ajeet’s birthday was Sunday, May 21 so this was kind of a little getaway/celebration for both of us! I really want to highlight my favorite parts of The Joule and why you should definitely stay here if you’re ever in Dallas or just want a little staycation for yourself in the city!
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AT THE JOULE:
1. The Location. There is so much happening at and around The Joule— even on a Sunday! The Joule is surrounded by a bunch of amazing shops (including Neiman Marcus and TRAFFIC LA) and within walking distance of the Dallas Arts District!
2. The Lobby. I know, I know. You want to hear all about the room and amenities but this hotel really makes you appreciate great artwork and architecture, especially in the lobby! We checked in at The Joule around 3PM and were so mesmerized by all the statement artwork and contemporary design elements in the lobby itself that we ended up exploring for almost 30 minutes before heading to our room!
3. The Artwork: I have new appreciation for art after staying at The Joule. Tim Headington, the hotel founder and proprietor, acquired many museum-quality works for the hotel and retail spots as well! I was excited to take shots of artist Tony Tasset’s Eye! It’s a 30-foot-tall sculpture that’s right across the hotel in this beautiful exhibition. I was told that this is actually the artist’s real retina?! How amazing is that!
4. The Food. The Joule has two restaurants– CBD Provisions and Americano. We ended up eating a late lunch at Americano, primarily because the lighting was better to take pictures, hah! #bloggerlife. We had a pizza to share (posted on my Instagram) and it was so delicious! I was bummed that they didn’t have ranch though. Ranch is a must-have with pizza for me so that was my one complaint! I really do need to start carrying ranch with me to restaurants though because I feel like the more I go out to eat the more places I find that don’t carry ranch…strange. Anyway, I’ve heard great things about CBD Provisions as well so I’ll definitely have to check it out next time!
5. The Rooms. We stayed in a Premier King room and I was expecting just a regular ol’ sized room like any other hotel. But no. We walked in and was like, wait?! THERE’S MORE?! It was incredibly spacious and they even had Apple TV! I loved the modern and contemporary vibe of the room– the room even had rainfall showers!! One big thing for me when staying at a hotel is testing out the overall comfiness of the bed! I can confidently give it a 9/10 out for comfort and coziness. It’s not a 10 because well, it’s not my bed, hah! I will say that the bathroom didn’t have any shades on the windows (just sheer covers) so sadly, as a light sleeper, I woke up as soon as the sun came up because it was too bright for me. I’m just a super light sleeper though– Ajeet slept through it just fine and woke up at like 10:30 am lol!
6. The Pool. Ajeet and I spent probably a solid 4 hours at the pool which was seriously much longer than we expected! All I wanted to do was dip my feet in and sunbathe for a bit and then head back to explore the city a little. But like…you guys?! Did you know The Joule has a glass-fronted rooftop pool that literally extends eight feet beyond the hotel’s structure?! You get amazing views of the city with the comfiest lounges! Plus, I can safely say I had the best drink of my entire life the pool bar! It was called The Cure since it’s made with activated charcoal (healthy alert!) and it’s dangerously good! Trust me, I’m the girl that follows every sip of alcohol with a sip of water because I can’t stand the taste and guess what, I didn’t have to do that with this one! 🙂
8. Pet-friendly. Need I say more?!
Honestly, even though our staycation was for one night, Ajeet and I really had the best time. We both felt like we were in a completely new city and made new friends that we chatted with for hours by the pool! We left feeling so relaxed and couldn’t have asked for a better stay. I hope you definitely look into staying at The Joule if you’re ever in Dallas and want to treat yourself to an incredible stay!
I will have an outfit recap re-cap of what I wore during our staycation that will go live on Friday!
*** Thank you so much to The Joule for partnering with Next With Nita on this post. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and reviews are my own. ***