Time for another recipe! This is the Texas Tuscan Mac & Cheese that we made and posted last week on Instagram Stories and I KNEW y’all were going to ask for the recipe so I made sure to take a couple of shots of the food before eating! Check out the deets down below and let me know if you try it!!
• 1 lb of boneless chicken breasts
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• 1/2 yellow onion diced
• 4 minced cloves of garlic
• 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
• 3 cups of milk
• 2 cups of diced spinach leaves
• 3 tablespoons of flour
• 9 oz jar of sun dried tomatoes!
• 3 cups of macaroni (any kind will do!)
• 1 teaspoon of parsley
• 1 teaspoon of red pepper
• 1 jalapeño
• 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
• 3 teaspoons of dried Italian herbs
• 1 cup of parmesan cheese
• salt & pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Heat up the remainder of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear it on both sides until it’s golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover it with foil, and set it aside.
- Using the same pan, cook the butter along with the onions, jalapeño slices, and garlic until the onions become transparent. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes along with 2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato oil from the jar and cook for 1-2 minutes to release as much flavor as possible.
- Stir the flour into the pot and allow to cook for another minute. Then add the rest of the broth, all 3 cups of milk, herbs, salt & pepper, and bring to a low simmer.
- Add in the macaroni and stir occasionally as it comes to a simmer. Cook for 9-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the macaroni is cooked al dente. Add the spinach and stir until it is wilted.
- Take the pot off the stove and stir in all of the cheese quickly. Keep in mind the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Slice the chicken into strips or bite size pieces and stir through the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately!
I hope you all try this recipe, it’s definitely not the healthiest but it’s so so good!! Chat soon, loves!