I woke up this morning just feeling a little sad and homesick. I was fine yesterday, I don’t know what happened but I just suddenly missed home, my parents and my sweet dog Snuffy. Some days are truly harder than others but I have to just remember the reason why I moved to Los Angeles and what I’m here to do. It’s so easy to lose focus and just run down memory lane and question your decisions in life…that’s kind of how today is for me. I just need to remember to stay strong and that definitely is easier said than done.
I know today’s post is a bit abnormal. There’s no outfits…it’s just me and my little Snuff and it’s only one photo. It kind of feels like I’m writing in my diary a bit, I hope that’s ok with y’all that I’m doing this. As I’m feeling this way, I know there someone out there has been through this and/or is currently feeling the same way and I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone at all! For me today, it’s helpful that I’m going to be a bit busy out and about but my heart still feels a bit heavy. I’ll be home in two-ish weeks so I’m counting down the days but I know that’s not the case for others. For that reason, I’m sharing a few tips that keeps my head up high and keeps me strong when I feel this way:
- Pray. I pray every morning and night and sometimes during the day when I truly need to talk to God. Praying just allows me to be vulnerable and share some of my deepest thoughts. Knowing it’s just me and Him in the conversation makes me feel safe.
- Exercise. Going to the gym or for a run really helps clear your mind, body and soul. It helps you pass time and you’re keeping yourself in shape all at the same time.
- FaceTime your family. You have to! I do this multiple times a day with everyone including my dog. I couldn’t go a day without seeing my family and my little Snuff.
- Write it down. This is actually helping me quite a bit by pouring my heart and soul into this blog post. It’s not typical of me and it definitely isn’t a blog post you’re used to reading but it’s helping me and I hope to help you writing this too. Letting out your feelings is key whether it’s writing it, sharing it on YouTube, telling your significant other or calling up your best friend. All of that helps, I promise.
- Make your new home your home. Don’t let it feel like a long vacation or a temporary home. You should actually fill up your home as if you’re in it for the long haul and this is truly your home sweet home. Get the decor you need to make it feel like home, get the scents you need to make it smell like home and put up picture frames that you can come home to and be reminded that you’re actually at home, even when you’re homesick.
I hope that helps and thank you for letting me write this post. If you have more tips for me for those that may be going through or went through something similar, I’d love to hear ways to overcome homesickness! Thanks for all your love and support, chat soon angels!